Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to use wget to get information of a jsp page

How to use wget to get information of a jsp page

Yang

I have a jsp page that takes one parameter say: http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1

and use different id to generate different pages,
now I want to get the results from that and I use
>> wget "http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1"

unfortunately, I can only get the source code of a.jsp, which is
useless to me.
Is there any other methods for doing this?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Yang wrote:
> I have a jsp page that takes one parameter say: http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1
>
> and use different id to generate different pages,
> now I want to get the results from that and I use
>>> wget "http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1"

> unfortunately, I can only get the source code of a.jsp, which is
> useless to me.
> Is there any other methods for doing this?

wget just gets what the server sends.

If you get the JSP source, then the server is misconfigured.

Arne

Yang

On Apr 17, 7:19 pm, Arne Vajh°j <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yang wrote:
> > I have a jsp page that takes one parameter say:http://www.a.com/a.jsp?id=1

> > and use different id to generate different pages,
> > now I want to get the results from that and I use

> > unfortunately, I can only get the source code of a.jsp, which is
> > useless to me.
> > Is there any other methods for doing this?

> wget just gets what the server sends.
>
> If you get the JSP source, then the server is misconfigured.
>
> Arne

But that's exactly what I've got! How should I set up a server?
Can you give an example of jsp sites with parameters that will
return not the source? Thanks.

Lew

<http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?qt=jsp+with+parameters>

--
Lew

Yang

On Apr 17, 11:16 pm, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yang wrote:
> > Can you give an example of jsp sites with parameters that will
> > return not the source? Thanks.

> <http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?qt=jsp+with+param...>
>
> --
> Lew

Thanks Lew, then how should I set up the server that it won't return
the source code but the result page?

Lew

Yang wrote:
> Thanks Lew, then how should I set up the server that it won't return
> the source code but the result page?

That all depends on what server you're using.

The JEE standard is to put a WAR file or its equivalent directory structure in
the server's web-app directory ("webapps/" for Tomcat). Most application
servers have an administrator utility to help with the deployment process.
Some, like Tomcat, can deploy a web app as easily as dropping the WAR file in
its webapps/ directory.

What servlet container are you using, and what do its instructions indicate
for web-app deployment?

--
Lew

Yang

On Apr 18, 7:29 pm, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yangwrote:
> > Thanks Lew, then how should I set up the server that it won't return
> > the source code but the result page?

> That all depends on what server you're using.
>
> The JEE standard is to put a WAR file or its equivalent directory structure in
> the server's web-app directory ("webapps/" for Tomcat). Most application
> servers have an administrator utility to help with the deployment process.
> Some, like Tomcat, can deploy a web app as easily as dropping the WAR file in
> its webapps/ directory.
>
> What servlet container are you using, and what do its instructions indicate
> for web-app deployment?
>
> --
> Lew

I'm using tomcat, but since it's only a simple JSP page, I put it
directly under
webapps/ROOT/ directory, should I pack it up in a war file and put it
somewhere?