Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > is laziness a programer's virtue?

is laziness a programer's virtue?

George Neuner

On 17 Apr 2007 08:20:24 -0700, Ingo Menger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 17 Apr., 12:33, Markus E Leypold
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> What makes Xah a troll is neither off-topic posts nor being
>> incoherent -- its the attitude. He's broadcasting his drivel to a
>> number of groups not with the intention to discuss (he hardly ever
>> answers to answers to his posts), but solely with the intention to
>> inform the world at large about his own magnificient thoughts.

>This hits the nail on the head.
>Perhaps one could understand this behaviour on cultural grounds. In
>chinese culture it may be not uncommon to write something that merely
>sounds like great wisdom and it is nevertheless appreciated because
>it's a piece of calligraphic art.
>
>> Trying to correct Xah's behaviour is probably impossible.

>Perhaps somebody could ask the chinese government to put him in jail
>for "hurting international society"

That's going to be tough because, according to his web page, he's
living in a Honda Civic somewhere in Illinois, USA.

http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/Personal_dir/xah.html

George
--
for email reply remove "/" from address

Bruce C. Baker

"Lew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Markus E Leypold
>>> Trying to correct Xah's behaviour is probably impossible.

> Ingo Menger wrote:
>> Perhaps somebody could ask the chinese government to put him in jail
>> for "hurting international society"

> Y'know, even in jest, calling for an oppressive regime to suppress even
> wrong-headed and self-serving garbage self-expression is immoral and
> horrible. How dare you?
>
> Free speech, free press and free expression of ideas is not something to
> take so lightly.

That's right! Momma don't allow no levity around here!

Off with Markus' head!

> --
> Lew

Lew

"Lew" ranted maniacally:

Bruce C. Baker wrote:
> That's right! Momma don't allow no levity around here!
>
> Off with Markus' head!

As they walked off together, Alice heard the King say in a low
voice, to the company generally, `You are all pardoned.' `Come,
THAT'S a good thing!' she said to herself, for she had felt quite
unhappy at the number of executions the Queen had ordered.
- /Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/, Lewis Carroll

Ingo Menger

On 18 Apr., 01:54, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Markus E Leypold
>
> >> Trying to correct Xah's behaviour is probably impossible.

> Ingo Menger wrote:
> > Perhaps somebody could ask the chinese government to put him in jail
> > for "hurting international society"

> Y'know, even in jest, calling for an oppressive regime to suppress even
> wrong-headed and self-serving garbage self-expression is immoral and horrible.

You're right. I confess this joke was going too far.

> Free speech, free press and free expression of ideas is not something to take
> so lightly.

I'm with you on this point.
But, since the biggest crime in Xah Lee's opinion apparently is
"harming" and "damaging" society through expression of ideas, it must
be possible to judge him by his own standards.