Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Confusion between IO and NIO

Confusion between IO and NIO

ruds

Hi,
I'm a bit confused between java.io and java.nio. What are the major
differences between these two?
In which areas are these best applicable?

Andrew Thompson

ruds wrote:
>I'm a bit confused between java.io and java.nio.

Is that confusion for lack of reading the Javadocs
relating to both packages, and failing to do the
Java Tutorial trail on I/O?

>..What are the major
>differences between these two?

'n' is the most major difference.

>In which areas are these best applicable?

See the JDcos and I/O trail of the JT.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/