Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > WebService- Server application unavailable

WebService- Server application unavailable

Jay

Hello,

I have created a simple web service and I have deployeed it in IIS
server. I have 2 versions of ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and 2.0. But when I
access webservice I get error..

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web
browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this
specific request failure can be found in the application event log of
the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused
this error to occur.

Why I am getting this error?

Regards,
Jayshri

=?Utf-8?B?U2l2YSBN?=

If you are using Windows 2003, one possible check: see if the application
pool your web service is running under is not stopped and the app pool's user
creds are correct.

"Jay" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have created a simple web service and I have deployeed it in IIS
> server. I have 2 versions of ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and 2.0. But when I
> access webservice I get error..
>
> Server Application Unavailable
> The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
> currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web
> browser to retry your request.
>
> Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this
> specific request failure can be found in the application event log of
> the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused
> this error to occur.
>

> Why I am getting this error?
>
> Regards,
> Jayshri

John Saunders [MVP]

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have created a simple web service and I have deployeed it in IIS
> server. I have 2 versions of ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and 2.0. But when I
> access webservice I get error..
>
> Server Application Unavailable
> The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
> currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web
> browser to retry your request.
>
> Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this
> specific request failure can be found in the application event log of
> the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused
> this error to occur.
>

> Why I am getting this error?

Did you look in the application event log?
--
John Saunders [MVP]