Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Get chuffed

Get chuffed

JaR

There's that word again. What was it supposed to chuffing mean, again?

Sun outsources UK support engineers
40 unchuffed techies
7 Jul 2004 16:21
http://www.theregister.co.uk/

JaR
Insourced Thug

JaR

JaR wrote:

> There's that word again. What was it supposed to chuffing mean, again?
>
> Sun outsources UK support engineers
> 40 unchuffed techies
> 7 Jul 2004 16:21
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/

And while we're at it. From the same page:

Big.biz still keen to export jobs
Offshoring grows like Topsy

Topsy???

How does one "grow like Topsy"

Who or what is this Topsy?

F'n Brits.

JaR
Confused Thug

billyw

http://english2american.com/dictionary/c.html

as for grow like topsy...
not sure.. best guess is from book..

news:uEsg%(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's that word again. What was it supposed to chuffing mean, again?
>
> Sun outsources UK support engineers
> 40 unchuffed techies
> 7 Jul 2004 16:21
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/
>
> JaR
> Insourced Thug

Lost

From Merriam-Webster on line(www.m-w.com/cgi-
bin/dictionary)

Main Entry: chuffed
Pronunciation: 'ch&ft
Function: adjective
Etymology: English dialect chuff pleased, puffed with fat
British : PROUD, SATISFIED

Therefor the "unchuffed" techies can't get no satisfaction.

B)
Take out the trash befor you email me.

JaR

Lost wrote:
> From Merriam-Webster on line(www.m-w.com/cgi-
> bin/dictionary)
>
> Main Entry: chuffed
> Pronunciation: 'ch&ft
> Function: adjective
> Etymology: English dialect chuff pleased, puffed with fat
> British : PROUD, SATISFIED
>
> Therefor the "unchuffed" techies can't get no satisfaction.

I still say brits make stuff up as it pleases them. A short while ago,
one of them used the term as; "Not chuffing likely" or words to that effect.

And I still need a def for "Growing like Topsy"

JaR
Bargling Thug

poco

Illiterate bastard.
Topsy is from an American classic of literature, Uncle Tom's Cabin.
Growing like Topsy means growing uncontrollably, or wild.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JaR wrote:
>
> > There's that word again. What was it supposed to chuffing mean, again?
> >
> > Sun outsources UK support engineers
> > 40 unchuffed techies
> > 7 Jul 2004 16:21
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/
> >

> And while we're at it. From the same page:
>
> Big.biz still keen to export jobs
> Offshoring grows like Topsy
>
> Topsy???
>
> How does one "grow like Topsy"
>
> Who or what is this Topsy?
>
> F'n Brits.
>
> JaR
> Confused Thug

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

poco wrote:
> Illiterate bastard.
> Topsy is from an American classic of literature, Uncle Tom's Cabin.
> Growing like Topsy means growing uncontrollably, or wild.

<Golf clap>

JaR

poco wrote:

> Illiterate bastard.

You better have been smilin' when you typed that, pilgrim.

> Topsy is from an American classic of literature, Uncle Tom's Cabin.
> Growing like Topsy means growing uncontrollably, or wild.

I read that book ~40 years ago. But even if I'd read it more recently, I
probably still wouldn't have made that connection.

I still contend that Brits just make that stuff up as needed.

Furrfu!

JaR

kpg

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

#
> http://english2american.com/dictionary/c.html

WTF. Why don't they speak English in England?

billyw

dunno.. i dont live in england...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...