Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Establishing Bluetooth network connection with PDA

Establishing Bluetooth network connection with PDA

news.microsoft.com

Hi,

I'm using XP SP2, and I'll first say that I *DID* at one point get this to
work, but now cannot...

Hardware:
-Palm Tungsten T3 with bluetooth
-Ultra USB Bluetooth dongle

Setup:
-Followed manufacturer's "SP2" setup procedure to the letter, from their
website
-I Paired the devices properly WITHOUT any username or password (it worked
this way).
-I am able to synchronize my PDA with desktop using Bluetooth (mapped to
COM5)
-I'm trying to get internet access on the PDA (which I got to work once, but
got screwed up after a reboot). I set my dial-up connection to allow other
users to access it. I set up the Bluetooth Network TCP/IP for IP of
192.168.0.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and DNS the same IP (I believe this
was correct from last time).
-On PDA I set up the Bluetooth connection to use DNS of 192.168.0.1

Now I constantly have a red X through my Bluetooth Network icon (says it's
unplugged). I can connect from the PDA, at which point XP says I have
connected to the dial-up networking. I believe this is wrong, as I think it
should say it's connected the "Bluetooth Network" not the Dialup Network (as
the bluetooth network would then make that connection on the PC). At this
point, the PDA says "signing on..." and hangs until it times out.

Back when I remember it working PROPERLY, the Bluetooth Network icon would
light up and say "connected at 700kbps".

Is there some sort of authentication getting hung up here? I searched high
and low but could not find what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.