Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Page break in ASP pages

Page break in ASP pages

=?Utf-8?B?aXdlYg==?=

Can we set page breaks in ASP Pages dynamically based on the data being
populated?

Akshay.

Alexey Smirnov

On Apr 23, 12:10 pm, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can we set page breaks in ASP Pages dynamically based on the data being
> populated?
>
> Akshay.

what's this? a page break for a printer?

=?Utf-8?B?aXdlYg==?=

Yes, Page break for printing.

Akshay.

On Apr 23, 1:36 pm, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yes, Page break for printing.
>
> Akshay.
>

> "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
> > On Apr 23, 12:10 pm, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Can we set page breaks in ASP Pages dynamically based on the data being
> > > populated?

> > > Akshay.

> > what's this? a page break for a printer?- Hide quoted text -

<head>
<title>Print</title>
..break { page-break-before: always; }
</head>
test1
test2

=?Utf-8?B?aXdlYg==?=

How will this dynamically manage the data in one page and shift the extra one
to the other page?

How will this code understand that it has to page break and where??

If there is a table, how will it know to show one row / column on one page
and if its spilling or cutting, to take the full row / column on the next
page??

Can this code manage this dynamism?If not how to manage - pls guide.

Regards,
Akshay.

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

> On Apr 23, 1:36 pm, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Yes, Page break for printing.
> >
> > Akshay.

> > > what's this? a page break for a printer?- Hide quoted text -

> <head>
> <title>Print</title>
> ..break { page-break-before: always; }
> </head>
> test1
> test2

deftone

What he gave you was the CSS code to force a page break while
printing. It would be up to you to insert the code into your own.

1. put the css code into your page or seperate style css file.
.break { page-break-before: always; }

2. Write your code which will determine when a new page is needed, and
when it is, insert a <div class="break"></div>. If you are dealing
with tables, you may need to close the table at the bottom of the
page, before the <div class="break"></div>, then restart the table
after the div. I am not sure how it will handle a <tr class="break">
or something like that.

I would say this is the best answer for your question, which is
somewhat ambiguous.

On Apr 23, 11:14 am, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How will this dynamically manage the data in one page and shift the extra one
> to the other page?
>
> How will this code understand that it has to page break and where??
>
> If there is a table, how will it know to show one row / column on one page
> and if its spilling or cutting, to take the full row / column on the next
> page??
>
> Can this code manage this dynamism?If not how to manage - pls guide.
>
> Regards,
> Akshay.
>
> "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
> > On Apr 23, 1:36 pm, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Yes, Page break for printing.

> > > Akshay.

> > <head>
> > <title>Print</title>
> > ..break { page-break-before: always; }
> > </head>
> > test1
> > test2

deftone

What he gave you was the CSS code to force a page break while
printing. It would be up to you to insert the code into your own.

1. put the css code into your page or seperate style css file.
.break { page-break-before: always; }

2. Write your code which will determine when a new page is needed, and
when it is, insert a <div class="break"></div>. If you are dealing
with tables, you may need to close the table at the bottom of the
page, before the <div class="break"></div>, then restart the table
after the div. I am not sure how it will handle a <tr class="break">
or something like that.

I would say this is the best answer for your question, which is
somewhat ambiguous.

On Apr 23, 11:14 am, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How will this dynamically manage the data in one page and shift the extra one
> to the other page?
>
> How will this code understand that it has to page break and where??
>
> If there is a table, how will it know to show one row / column on one page
> and if its spilling or cutting, to take the full row / column on the next
> page??
>
> Can this code manage this dynamism?If not how to manage - pls guide.
>
> Regards,
> Akshay.
>
> "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
> > On Apr 23, 1:36 pm, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Yes, Page break for printing.

> > > Akshay.

> > <head>
> > <title>Print</title>
> > ..break { page-break-before: always; }
> > </head>
> > test1
> > test2

Alexey Smirnov

On Apr 23, 5:14 pm, iweb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How will this dynamically manage the data in one page and shift the extra one
> to the other page?
>
> How will this code understand that it has to page break and where??

Please read for more information
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...reakbefore.asp

Try to print my page. It should get a two pages contained 1) test1 2)
test2