Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET Impersonation in a Windows 2003 non domain member server

ASP.NET Impersonation in a Windows 2003 non domain member server

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9oYW5uIEdyYW5hZG9z?=

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to do ASP.NET Impersonation in a windows 2003 non domain
member server (locate at the DMZ)? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply

Best regards,

Johann Granados
Staff DotNet

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Easily if you want to impersonate the local account(s). Not something you
can do on a non-domain machine if you want to impersonate a domain user.

You can, however, set up the machine as a machine that is trusted for
searching Active Directory. You can then use credentials of users, but
setting up true impersonation will take a lot of hacks.

Potential solutions that are more complete:
1. Add machine to domain
2. Set up a web service on a domain machine and have the application talk to
that machine for its domain specific (impersonated) data.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!
"Johann Granados" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...