Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Need Alternative to Server Side Include in Asp.Net

Need Alternative to Server Side Include in Asp.Net

PinkBishop

I have created a menu page using the .net menu control.

I would like to include the page at the top of each of the my pages.

In classic asp i would just code <!-- #Include File="fileName.asp" -->

If I try <!-- #Include File="fileName.aspx" --> in .aspx I get errors
to the effect of duplicate code between the two pages.

What is the alternative in including files in the .net frame work?

Thanks

TRU

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:45:41 -0400, PinkBishop wrote:

> I have created a menu page using the .net menu control.
>
> I would like to include the page at the top of each of the my pages.
>
> In classic asp i would just code <!-- #Include File="fileName.asp" -->
>
> If I try <!-- #Include File="fileName.aspx" --> in .aspx I get errors
> to the effect of duplicate code between the two pages.
>
> What is the alternative in including files in the .net frame work?
>
> Thanks
>
> TRU

Try and avoid includes -- they cause more problems than they solve. Use
User Controls instead. They can achieve the same goals much better and are
a much better use of ASP.NET's functionality
--
Bits.Bytes
http://bytes.thinkersroom.com