Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > read a excel sheet using aspose.excel

read a excel sheet using aspose.excel

sajithkahawatta

is there any one used aspose.excel
i used automation to read a exel doc .but we have to install ms excel
to do that
so i suppose to use aspose.excel
can any one give me the 'Aspose.Excel.dll' and the licensse
-'Aspose.Excel.lic'
files.
because i am a student i can not buy it.if u can it is very helpful to
my studies.
i am a university student in a thid world county.
my e mail address is "(E-Mail Removed)"

thank you.

George Ter-Saakov

You can read excel file using ODBC
read here
http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/adoodbc/

George.

"sajithkahawatta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> is there any one used aspose.excel
> i used automation to read a exel doc .but we have to install ms excel
> to do that
> so i suppose to use aspose.excel
> can any one give me the 'Aspose.Excel.dll' and the licensse
> -'Aspose.Excel.lic'
> files.
> because i am a student i can not buy it.if u can it is very helpful to
> my studies.
> i am a university student in a thid world county.
> my e mail address is "(E-Mail Removed)"
>
> thank you.

Mark Rae

"sajithkahawatta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> is there any one used aspose.excel

Yes - many times.

> i used automation to read a exel doc .but we have to install ms excel
> to do that

And it won't work properly in ASP.NET anyway...

> so i suppose to use aspose.excel

Good idea.

> can any one give me the 'Aspose.Excel.dll' and the licensse
> -'Aspose.Excel.lic' files.
> because i am a student i can not buy it.if u can it is very helpful to
> my studies.
> i am a university student in a thid world county.
> my e mail address is "(E-Mail Removed)"

Hmm - now we have a bit of a problem... Just because you don't have very
much money doesn't give you the right to ask other people to become software
pirates for you...

I would like to think that no-one who participates in this forum would ever
even think of doing what you ask...

Many companies offer academic discounts, so why don't you contact Aspose
directly and explain your situation? But I wouldn't mention that you have
asked for a pirated copy of their software in a public Microsoft forum,
especially since you've been stupid enough to give your email address...

No, I'm not going to help you pirate a product, and I hope nobody else does
either.
I will help you solve your problem legally though.

Try opening the Excel file as an ADO.NET data source:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1439ff12d7473d

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,