Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Localization Guidance Wanted

Localization Guidance Wanted

Rusty Hill

I am creating a new ASP.NET 2.0 Web site with that will use language
localization. I have been doing some reading and am looking for the best
way to approach this. Here are some of the considerations I am dealing
with:

I want to let the user see the correct language based on their browser
setting when they come to the web site the very first time. Then once they
have a user name and password for our site if they choose to change the
default language to see the site in I want to show it to them in that
language from now on regardless of what their browser settings are.

I want to be able to separate language from currency. For instance I want
to let viewers view the site in Spanish but keep the currency in the form
the entire site uses, say dollars. This way users within a company will all
use the same currency but may select the language they feel most comfortable
with.

Advice, links, samples, etc. would all be greatly appreciated. Thank you.