Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Windows 2000 MCSE

Windows 2000 MCSE

Adam McKee

I took the MCSE courses around 3 years ago. To this day,
I have not completed any of the exams. Does anyone know
if I can still take the Windows 2000 MCSE exams and get
the MCSE for Windows 2000 certification? Or is that
obsolete now? I've been trying to get in touch with the
facility where I took the courses (and where I was
supposed to take the exams) but haven't had much luck in
the two or three times I've tried.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Neil

"Adam McKee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:26ce201c462f3$18a49230
$(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know
> if I can still take the Windows 2000 MCSE exams

yes, I do....

but I'm not sure about your likelyhood of success in the endevour since
you appear to be unable to use a web browser and point it over to
www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

and yes that smacking sound is my head on the table wondering where (or
what planet) you guys come from...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Adam McKee

You know, I really don't think my post warranted you
having such a poor attitude. I asked a simple question
that could simply be answered by someone responding to
this post, your entire rant about me needing to go to a
website was completely unnecessary.

Perhaps you find it easier to talk down to those who
don't have their MCSE (assuming you have yours already)
but it's very discouraging to people who are just looking
for a little guidance. For your information, I had
already browsed that website, and didn't find a black and
white answer to my question, so I posted here, as this
was a link from that website.

Next time try to post an intelligent response. Oh, and
use spell checker.

and in addition, maybe *you* should have done a
search_engine_for_beginners course, or at least a common_sense_for_
dummies as well!!! Did it not occur to you that microsoft *might*
already have the answer or that the same [dumb] question has been
asked a million and one times before now?

Neil told you where to look, and if you are too ignorant and/or stupid
to know where to look for yourself, well maybe a change of career is
in order.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=

Hi Adam,

You have taken the MCSE courses but "have not completed any of the exams" after 3 years? Does this mean you have not taken even one of the MCSE exams? If this is the case, you might need to examine yourself if you still have what it takes to get through all the exams to be qualified as MCSE after these three years.

If your knowledge and experience built around Server 2000 is still fresh and sound, by all means go for Server 2000. However if you need to relearn Server 2000, you might as well go for Server 2003. If you are in the mix, perhaps you might want to try Server 2000 for MCSA and then use it to complete your Server 2003 MCSE track.

Hope this help.

Bobby

"Adam McKee" wrote:

> I took the MCSE courses around 3 years ago. To this day,
> I have not completed any of the exams. Does anyone know
> if I can still take the Windows 2000 MCSE exams and get
> the MCSE for Windows 2000 certification? Or is that
> obsolete now? I've been trying to get in touch with the
> facility where I took the courses (and where I was
> supposed to take the exams) but haven't had much luck in
> the two or three times I've tried.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information.

Neil

"Adam McKee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:26de601c46314$33e81500
$(E-Mail Removed):

> you
> having such a poor attitude.

stick around and you'll see why I have gained this attitude. Your
question has been asked and answered in here just a few times:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
&q=MCSE+Discontinued&btnG=Search

or

http://tinyurl.com/2ec5u

> just looking
> for a little guidance.

which I gave you...

> For your information, I had
> already browsed that website, and didn't find a black and
> white answer to my question, so I posted here, as this
> was a link from that website.

then you REALLLLLLLLLY weren't looking too hard were you. All you had to
do was click on the link titled "MCSE on Windows 2000" to see that all of
the exams for the 2000 track still exist (with the execption of 70-240).
If it was the list of electives you were concerned about, there is a link
at the top and a list at the bottom of the page of the ones discontinued.
If you were still unclear, there was a link at the bottom of the page
that goes to the "discontination of exams" page.

Even if you were unable to find that answer there a quick google would
give you:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=MCSE+%22Windows+2000%22
+Discontinued&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

or

http://tinyurl.com/3fmad

which turns up 2500+ hits, many of which would likely give you the info
you need. harumph...

> Oh, and
> use spell checker.

HAHAHAHA, obviously new here aren't you.
--
Neil MCNGP #30

Steve

Why would you go get a cert in Windows 2000 when Windows
2003 is out now. Study up on the latest version (which is
similar to win2k anyways)

stop winging neil that is about all you seem to do these
days

Consultant

yes, take the exams. a course is not required to take the tests

"Adam McKee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:26de601c46314$33e81500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You know, I really don't think my post warranted you
> having such a poor attitude. I asked a simple question
> that could simply be answered by someone responding to
> this post, your entire rant about me needing to go to a
> website was completely unnecessary.
>
> Perhaps you find it easier to talk down to those who
> don't have their MCSE (assuming you have yours already)
> but it's very discouraging to people who are just looking
> for a little guidance. For your information, I had
> already browsed that website, and didn't find a black and
> white answer to my question, so I posted here, as this
> was a link from that website.
>
> Next time try to post an intelligent response. Oh, and
> use spell checker.

a bit rich coming from Miss anonymous!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3