Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Router Faulty ? ?

Router Faulty ? ?

Kevin Cole

Hi All,

Scenario.

1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine no
problems.
2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no
problems.

Problem.

No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
laptop ?

I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made changes
to settings on router etc.

I can't see where I am going wrong !

All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !

Please help.

Thanks

Kev

Joan Archer

Have you checked your firewall to see if that is blocking it.
Joan

Kevin Cole wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Scenario.
>
> 1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine
> no problems.
> 2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine
> no problems.
>
> Problem.
>
> No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
> laptop ?
>
> I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made
> changes to settings on router etc.
>
> I can't see where I am going wrong !
>
> All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kev

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Basic XP -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Kevin Cole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> Scenario.
>
> 1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine
> no problems.
> 2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no
> problems.
>
> Problem.
>
> No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
> laptop ?
>
> I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made
> changes to settings on router etc.
>
> I can't see where I am going wrong !
>
> All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kev

Kevin Cole

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment
> of each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> Basic XP -
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
> Advanced XP -
> Printer Sharing XP -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Kevin Cole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Scenario.
>>
>> 1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine
>> no problems.
>> 2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no
>> problems.
>>
>> Problem.
>>
>> No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
>> laptop ?
>>
>> I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made
>> changes to settings on router etc.
>>
>> I can't see where I am going wrong !
>>
>> All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !
>>
>> Please help.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kev

enabled print & file shae ok,

i have norton fire wall on both machines, enabling the ip addresses through
?

any ideas ?

kev

wireless security not working after swapping faulty router =?Utf-8?B?ZHNi?= Wireless Networking 2 10-21-2006 09:30 AM
Faulty Camera or Faulty Photographer? Graham Fountain Digital Photography 40 09-21-2006 04:55 AM
Faulty SRAM Zyd VHDL 0 07-12-2004 01:22 PM
Faulty disk or faulty player? Gavin23601 DVD Video 4 10-22-2003 04:13 AM

Advertisments