Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Atheros

Atheros

=?Utf-8?B?QnJlbmRh?=

I have somehow disabled my Atheros. I am not a tech person and prior to
getting Qwest I used to go to outside sources for wireless and then it just
stopped working. I called Qwest and they walked me through what I thought
would fix it but to no avail. We could not get it enabled! I have tried
everything that my limited mind knows. Can anyone help?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It is hard to know what exactly you are talking about.
Atheros is a name of a Wireless chipset.
I would guess that you have a computer with a Wireless arid that its chipset
is made by Atheros.
In such a case may be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Brenda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have somehow disabled my Atheros. I am not a tech person and prior to
> getting Qwest I used to go to outside sources for wireless and then it
> just
> stopped working. I called Qwest and they walked me through what I thought
> would fix it but to no avail. We could not get it enabled! I have tried
> everything that my limited mind knows. Can anyone help?

=?Utf-8?B?QnJlbmRh?=

When I go into my network connections and try to enable it nothing happens.
It shows "disabled, firewalled, it will not enable. I went into the
connections and tried to set up the internet protocol (tcp/ip) but it seems
to not be installed and when I went to install it I was not sure what to
install-client, service or protocal?

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> It is hard to know what exactly you are talking about.
> Atheros is a name of a Wireless chipset.
> I would guess that you have a computer with a Wireless arid that its chipset
> is made by Atheros.
> In such a case may be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Brenda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have somehow disabled my Atheros. I am not a tech person and prior to
> > getting Qwest I used to go to outside sources for wireless and then it
> > just
> > stopped working. I called Qwest and they walked me through what I thought
> > would fix it but to no avail. We could not get it enabled! I have tried
> > everything that my limited mind knows. Can anyone help?

Barb Bowman

is this a laptop? what brand and model? is there a hardware switch
to turn on wireless or some key combination?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP