Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows Vista doesn't work with 3rd party radius server freeradius

Windows Vista doesn't work with 3rd party radius server freeradius

devon.ambler@gmail.com

Using FreeRadius 1.1.5, PEAP authentication with MSCHAP v2

After some time on the phone with microsoft they had us enable use of
the Open SSL Cipher Suite which fixed our problem

1. Open gpedit.msc
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates
\Network\SSL Configuration Settings
3. Open SSL Cipher Suite Order from the right pane.
4. Check Enabled radio button.
5. Back up the string from the text box to a text file.
6. Enter the following string without the quotes
"TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA"
7. Reboot the machine
8. Retry authentication

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)