Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Different default devices for music, telephony?

Different default devices for music, telephony?

=?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=

Hi.
I have a bluetooth headset which is great for Skype calls but I don't want
to use it for listening to music on my laptop.
Is there any way I can make the laptop speakers the default for music
playback and the headset the default for Skype?
The only way I can the music through the speakers now is to disconnect the
headset. Then if a call comes in, I've got a lot of clicking and switching to
do before I can respond.
Thanks for any help you can offer on this one.
- Terry

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
As far as I know almost all computer's audio hardware uses one power output.
I.e the Speakers and the Headset are actually the same output (with some
load adjustment). As a result you can not separate the two.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
> I have a bluetooth headset which is great for Skype calls but I don't want
> to use it for listening to music on my laptop.
> Is there any way I can make the laptop speakers the default for music
> playback and the headset the default for Skype?
> The only way I can the music through the speakers now is to disconnect the
> headset. Then if a call comes in, I've got a lot of clicking and switching
> do before I can respond.
> Thanks for any help you can offer on this one.
> - Terry

=?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=

Cheers for the answer.
I did manage to get the music player playing through speakers and Skype on
the headset at the same time by connecting the headset and restarting Skype
while music was already playing.
When I shut down the music player and started it again, of course it was on
the headset.
But the check did show that they can both run separately. I just need to
figure out how to maintain the separation.
- Terry