Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Home computer freezing with router hooked up

Home computer freezing with router hooked up

=?Utf-8?B?Q2pheWRlbg==?=

I have a Linksys Wireless router hooked up to my home computer, but for some
reason it makes my home computer freeze. Does anyone know why this is
happening? and what I can do to fix it?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
That is a very unusual occurrence?
Is it happening with any computer that you are trying to hook up with?
Also tell us a little more about the computer, how it connects, what type of
Internet connection, Which OS?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Cjayden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Linksys Wireless router hooked up to my home computer, but for
>some
> reason it makes my home computer freeze. Does anyone know why this is
> happening? and what I can do to fix it?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2pheWRlbg==?=

Please bare with me as I dont know to much about this. It is only happening
to my home computer, my laptop is fine. I have DSL. And how do I know my OS?

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> That is a very unusual occurrence?
> Is it happening with any computer that you are trying to hook up with?
> Also tell us a little more about the computer, how it connects, what type of
> Internet connection, Which OS?
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Cjayden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a Linksys Wireless router hooked up to my home computer, but for
> >some
> > reason it makes my home computer freeze. Does anyone know why this is
> > happening? and what I can do to fix it?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
OS=Operating system. I.e. Windows 2000, XP, Vista, etc.
Most important is to try another computer, to rule out whether it is a
computer problem or a Router problem.
If your computer works directly with the Modem and does not work with Router
it might be Router miscomfiguration or Bad Router.
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html