Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless network problem

Wireless network problem

Andreas Hagen

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with creating a wireless infrastructure network.

I have a Dynalink (using Askey chipset) RTA1025W wireless router.

I have a Compaq Presario R3000 notebook with an ASUS WL-107 802.11b PC Card
Running Windows XP

I have a Dell Inspiron 510m notebook with on board-wireless networking.
Running Windows XP

The problem is connecting the Compaq which I think mentions a DNS error
before showing the standard IE error page.

The Dell connects no problem via 802.11g and I ensure I shutdown the Dell
before connecting the Compaq because I think Wireless routers can only
connect one computer at a time?

So it is my belief the problem lies with the card or the compaq. Please
help with your ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas