Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > html table to excel

html table to excel

hanan hanan is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
I am a beginner in the area. I would like to copy a large amount of tables from a certain web site (there is an index page with links to many web pages with tables inside each web link)into an excel sheet. I need to do this on a weekly basis, that's why I don't just copy-paste the information.
I need to copy those into 1 long excel sheet for further analysis (a script probably).
Before each table there is always a unique sentence, so I probably can search for it inside the html to locate the tables? (I am a beginner and don't really know how to approach this)
If the page is on the web, how can I search in it with a script? I need to download the html file to my computer? can my script do this automatically? (many many web pages)
Be glad to any tips... tutorial... code...
(I am a beginner but with motivation... )
Thanks a lot!
Hanan.