Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > passing ike through an ASA 5520 to another internal fw

passing ike through an ASA 5520 to another internal fw

SteveB SteveB is offline
Junior Member

I have a software vendor who has a firewall on their equipment within our private network. They need to have port 500 and 4500 opened incoming on our ASA to allow traffic to go to the inside ip of their firewall device.

How would I go about doing this? Would I have to do a static mapping between the outside interface and the private IP of the firewall device? Would I then create an access list to allow it?

Zakkas Zakkas is offline
Junior Member

Yes, if they are initiating the connection from the outside to their server inside your network you will have to create a static mapping for that internal servers IP address to and outside IP address. Then on the access-list list that filters inbound connections from the outside you would have to add entries for for the mapped IP address allowing connections from the vendors device on the outside on (I think its udp port 4500 and tcp 500) but I'm not 100% sure. I could have the ports backwards.