Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DHCP server traffic filter problem (Cisco uBR7114E)

DHCP server traffic filter problem (Cisco uBR7114E)

alpnet alpnet is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

I am an administrator of a small cable modem network. I use cisco uBR7114E as CMTS. It is configured as bridge mode. DHCP server is on on other linux server.

However, I have a small problem, if some cable modem is configured as DHCP server, the other cable modems request IP addresses from this cable modem. How can I filter the traffic between cable modems (specially the DHCP traffic)?

I don't want to filter the traffic with the real DHCP server (which is not behind cable modem, but in the same switch).