Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Microsoft Windows Network

Microsoft Windows Network

=?Utf-8?B?TW9yZGlkbw==?=

I use Win XP Home Edition, I was able to START/MY COMPUTOR/MY NETWORK PLACES,
but now there's nothing there. If I VIEW WORKGROUP COMPUTERS, I find up
different stations (as I call them). Throught searching, I've found that my
Workgroup is in Microsoft Windows Network, which is part of ENTIRE NETWORK,
i.e. there's Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft Windows Network, and Web
Client Network, and my group is in Microsoft Windows Network. Also, my group
is in both MY NETWORK PLACES, and in MICROSOFT WINDOWS NETWORK. Why is that?
In the past, I've had my Work Group in only MY NETWORK PLACES, then I had
it, after working with my computer, I had it only in MICROSOFT WINDOWS
NETWORK. Now, I have it in both: i.e. MY NETWORK PLACES and MICROSOFT
WINDOWS NETWORK. Where does MY WORKGROUP belong? And how can I make sure
that it goes there only, so that when I click MY COMPUTER, it'll appear in MY
NETWORK PLACES only? Please help.