Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Grid View sort by column

Grid View sort by column

bbawa1@yahoo.com

I have a Grid View and I want to sort the data in Gridview by clicking
on column. How can I do that.

Larry Bud

On Apr 13, 12:04 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have a Grid View and I want to sort the data in Gridview by clicking
> on column. How can I do that.

Turn on "AllowSorting" property in the Gridview.

bbawa1@yahoo.com

On Apr 13, 9:44 am, "Larry Bud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 12:04 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I have a Grid View and I want to sort the data in Gridview by clicking
> > on column. How can I do that.

> Turn on "AllowSorting" property in the Gridview.

I Turned on "AllowSorting" property in the Gridview. but it's not
working and columns headers are not clicakble.

bpd

On Apr 13, 1:59 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Apr 13, 9:44 am, "Larry Bud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 13, 12:04 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > I have a Grid View and I want to sort the data in Gridview by clicking
> > > on column. How can I do that.

> > Turn on "AllowSorting" property in the Gridview.

> I Turned on "AllowSorting" property in the Gridview. but it's not
> working and columns headers are not clicakble.

Are you using databound data? If not, the sortexpression property
will need to be manually set. Edit Columns of the
datagrid, select a column, find sortex[ression property under
Behavior. Give it a value. Databound items default to
the field name of the databound item.

Waqas Waqas is offline
Junior Member

Hi try this source code alse..http://www.codingresolved.com/discus...ta-in-gridview