Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > usercontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

usercontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Nemisis

Hi all,

I am getting this error when i try to access a particular page on my
site, the site was working perfectly until i edited some code which
was nothing to do with the user control, and not even on the same page
as the control is on. I have looked on the net about this and tried
the various things that have been mentioned but nothing works.

One thing that is very wierd about it all, is that the code works
perfectly fine on my laptop, and even on the other developers laptops,
but only on this one box, which is running Windows Server 2003, is it
appearing.

has anyone else had this problem before and know how to fix it??

The error is

usercontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Thanks in advanced, this error is really starting to get on my nerves

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

One thing that I would try is delete all of the temprary ASP.NET files under
c:\windows\Microsoft .NET

Sometimes they get corrupted. eyond that, I would do a search fo the
duplicated name and see if you can find a problem.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!
"Nemisis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting this error when i try to access a particular page on my
> site, the site was working perfectly until i edited some code which
> was nothing to do with the user control, and not even on the same page
> as the control is on. I have looked on the net about this and tried
> the various things that have been mentioned but nothing works.
>
> One thing that is very wierd about it all, is that the code works
> perfectly fine on my laptop, and even on the other developers laptops,
> but only on this one box, which is running Windows Server 2003, is it
> appearing.
>
> has anyone else had this problem before and know how to fix it??
>
> The error is
>
> usercontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.
>
> Thanks in advanced, this error is really starting to get on my nerves

Riki

Probably, you have 2 files with the name "usercontrol.ascx".

Either, rename one of the files, or in at least one of them,
add a class name to the Control directive:
<%@ Control Language="VB" ClassName="MyUniqueClassname" %>

--

Riki

"Nemisis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting this error when i try to access a particular page on my
> site, the site was working perfectly until i edited some code which
> was nothing to do with the user control, and not even on the same page
> as the control is on. I have looked on the net about this and tried
> the various things that have been mentioned but nothing works.
>
> One thing that is very wierd about it all, is that the code works
> perfectly fine on my laptop, and even on the other developers laptops,
> but only on this one box, which is running Windows Server 2003, is it
> appearing.
>
> has anyone else had this problem before and know how to fix it??
>
> The error is
>
> usercontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.
>
> Thanks in advanced, this error is really starting to get on my nerves

Juan T. Llibre

Sometimes errors like that one crop up due to a known compiler bug.

Try disabling batch compilation, and see if doing that fixes it:

<system.web>
<compilation debug="false" batch="false"></compilation>
</system.web>

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Nemisis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting this error when i try to access a particular page on my
> site, the site was working perfectly until i edited some code which
> was nothing to do with the user control, and not even on the same page
> as the control is on. I have looked on the net about this and tried
> the various things that have been mentioned but nothing works.
>
> One thing that is very wierd about it all, is that the code works
> perfectly fine on my laptop, and even on the other developers laptops,
> but only on this one box, which is running Windows Server 2003, is it
> appearing.
>
> has anyone else had this problem before and know how to fix it??
>
> The error is
>
> usercontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.
>
> Thanks in advanced, this error is really starting to get on my nerves

Nemisis

Thanks everyone for there feedback, i have tried all the suggestions.

The one that seemed to work was setting batch=false in the web.config
file.

I am interested to know why this has worked? I tried to look what
changing this setting done and didnt find much, could you explain
slightly? Thanks again for all the help