Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Context.User is Null in the LoggedIn method of the Login Control

Context.User is Null in the LoggedIn method of the Login Control

Maxus

Hi People,

I have written a custom membership and custom roles classes for my
application. Then added a asp:Login control to the page. I then hooked
into the LoggedIn method of the asp:login control. From there I want
to direct my users to diffrent pages depending on the role thier in.
When I try to access the Context.User.IsInRole method the whole thing
is empty including the actual user itself (Although I appear to be
authenticated). Any ideas why or where I should look? I just assumed
that the user would be logged in at this point, Is this by design or
have I screwed something up?

Also on a side note I'm contemplating if I should use the default
ASP.Net membership provider. Has any one got experiance in using it in
a large scale project? I'm just worried about performance.

Thanks Heaps!
maxus