Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Hide/Show Controls during a callback

Hide/Show Controls during a callback

=?Utf-8?B?U3JpZGhhcg==?=

Hi,

Is it possible to Hide/Show controls during a callback? I have a radio
button list that does the callback. When it does the callback I need to
refresh the grid to reflect the selected value in the radio button. Also I
need to hide some check boxes based on the selected value. The checkboxes and
radiobuttons are both server controls. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Aidy

Change their Visible property to True or False.

"Sridhar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to Hide/Show controls during a callback? I have a radio
> button list that does the callback. When it does the callback I need to
> refresh the grid to reflect the selected value in the radio button. Also I
> need to hide some check boxes based on the selected value. The checkboxes
> and
> radiobuttons are both server controls. Please let me know.
>
> Thanks,

That won't work because there is no postback occuring where the server can
pick this up.
You need to use client script to set the display attribute of the control
(you can also use the visibility attribute; each has a different effect.)
Peter

--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

"Aidy" wrote:

> Change their Visible property to True or False.
>
> "Sridhar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to Hide/Show controls during a callback? I have a radio
> > button list that does the callback. When it does the callback I need to
> > refresh the grid to reflect the selected value in the radio button. Also I
> > need to hide some check boxes based on the selected value. The checkboxes
> > and
> > radiobuttons are both server controls. Please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?U3JpZGhhcg==?=

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I have already thought about that. Now I am having
a different problem. I am using ScriptManager and UpdatePanel controls to do
the callbacks. I have a radio button list that does the callback. The
radiobuttonlist has three options. The first option is selected by default.
So when the user gets the page for the first time it uses that option to
display the data. when I switch to another option it is doing the callback
and everything is working fine. However if I select the first option(which is
default) it is not doing the callback. I am assuming that since it didn't
update the viewstate during the callback the asp.net framework is thinking
that the selectedindex didn't change for the radiobutton list. That is why
it is not doing callback. When I searched online they sugested to call
WebForm_InitCallback() manually. But I am not knowing where to include that
code since the ScriptManager automatically inserts the necessary javascript
code for the callbacks. Please let me know.

Thanks,

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" wrote:

> That won't work because there is no postback occuring where the server can
> pick this up.
> You need to use client script to set the display attribute of the control
> (you can also use the visibility attribute; each has a different effect.)
> Peter
>
> --
> Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net
>

> "Aidy" wrote:
>
> > Change their Visible property to True or False.
> >
> > "Sridhar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to Hide/Show controls during a callback? I have a radio
> > > button list that does the callback. When it does the callback I need to
> > > refresh the grid to reflect the selected value in the radio button. Also I
> > > need to hide some check boxes based on the selected value. The checkboxes
> > > and
> > > radiobuttons are both server controls. Please let me know.
> > >
> > > Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?QWxoYW1icmEgRWlkb3MgS2lxdWVuZXQ=?=

Are there solution about it ??
--
http://www.alhambra-eidos.es/web2005/index.html
www.kiquenet.net