Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using Master pages....

Using Master pages....

Steve Kershaw

Hi,

An easy question but I'm a newby.

I have a master page (.master) that has buttons on it. When clicked I
need these buttons to start up a web page (OnLoad()) method. How can
this be done?

Mark Rae

"Steve Kershaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> I have a master page (.master) that has buttons on it. When clicked I
> need these buttons to start up a web page (OnLoad()) method. How can
> this be done?

What does this mean exactly...?

Presumably, this Page_Load method is in a content page which uses the
MasterPage with the button on as its MasterPage...?

In which case, you don't need to do anything... When you redirect to the
content page, its Page_Load method will run anyway...

clintonG

// Put this code into the button's click event code block...
Response.Redirect(" http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ ");

"Steve Kershaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> An easy question but I'm a newby.
>
> I have a master page (.master) that has buttons on it. When clicked I
> need these buttons to start up a web page (OnLoad()) method. How can
> this be done?

Randy Smith

Hi,
If the form exists in the same folder as the current form, you only need
this:

Response.Redirect("openThisOtherForm.aspx");

HTH, Randy

news:%23nUdaN%(E-Mail Removed)...