Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Unable to delete STATIC NAT on a Cisco 3700 router

Unable to delete STATIC NAT on a Cisco 3700 router

Nigel Cullen

Hi,

I am tryign to delete the following static NAT

no ip nat inside source static 194.128.x.x 89.207.x.x route-map new-
range

I get the following message

%Translation not found

I have tried to remove the route-map, , deleted the access list
associated with the route map, rebooted the router, all to no avail.

doing at sh ip nat trans gives the following:

Pro Inside global Inside local Outside local Outside
global
--- 89.207.x.x 194.128.x.x --- ---

Any suggestions on how to remove this NAT gratefully received !

Cisco support does not seem to have anything on this.

Cheers

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

On 17 Apr, 12:19, Nigel Cullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am tryign to delete the following static NAT
>
> no ip nat inside source static 194.128.x.x 89.207.x.x route-map new-
> range
>
> I get the following message
>
> %Translation not found
>
> I have tried to remove the route-map, , deleted the access list
> associated with the route map, rebooted the router, all to no avail.
>
> doing at sh ip nat trans gives the following:
>
> Pro Inside global Inside local Outside local Outside
> global
> --- 89.207.x.x 194.128.x.x --- ---
>
> Any suggestions on how to remove this NAT gratefully received !

I don't follow exactly however I recall that it is not possible
to remove certain NAT configuration elements if there are
active translations.

clear ip nat tr * ! or more specific clear if that is what you want
then quickly, before a new translation can be created

Of course in the event that new translations are set up
right away you may have to use an ACL or something to
block the traffic.

Don;t cut yourself off from the router.