Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Has any one found a Vista replacment for Hyperterminal??

Has any one found a Vista replacment for Hyperterminal??

Howard Huntley

I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

Doug McIntyre

Howard Huntley <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
>Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

SecureCRT has never let me down, and faster SSH client that Putty.

Or, you could download Hyperterminal still if you want that POS, the
only reason I can think of people using it is that its bundled with
Windows. There's no other good reason why to.

Trendkill

On Apr 12, 6:24 pm, Doug McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Howard Huntley <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
> >Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

> SecureCRT has never let me down, and faster SSH client that Putty.
>
> Or, you could download Hyperterminal still if you want that POS, the
> only reason I can think of people using it is that its bundled with
> Windows. There's no other good reason why to.

Agreed, SecureCRT is worth every penny, but Putty is a solid (and
free) back-up for any telnet/ssh/etc.

Mike W.

"Howard Huntley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
> Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

TeraTerm Pro .... I swear by it.

Google it and you'll find it for download

the_Muttster

On Apr 24, 12:28 pm, "Mike W." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Howard Huntley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I just installed a new USB serial cable to use with my windows vista.
> > Now I need a Vista Cisco compatible terminal program??

> TeraTerm Pro .... I swear by it.
>
> Google it and you'll find it for download

The Pro version is slow to connect for me so I prefer the original
Tera Term.