Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 3694 configuratioin.

Cisco 3694 configuratioin.

frank.mogavero@gmail.com

Scenario:
I receive my internet via a cable modem. This is plugged into the
Cisco 3640 eth 0/0. ip is dhcp'd.
My internal network is on 10.19.5.0 attached to fa 1/0.

My question... How do I configure routing between these two networks?

Thanks for the help.

Trendkill

On Apr 11, 3:25 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Scenario:
> I receive my internet via a cable modem. This is plugged into the
> Cisco 3640 eth 0/0. ip is dhcp'd.
> My internal network is on 10.19.5.0 attached to fa 1/0.
>
> My question... How do I configure routing between these two networks?
>
> Thanks for the help.

Put a default route that points to the e0/0 interface, or to the next
hop gateway that the ISP gives you via DHCP. The router will
automatically push packets between the two networks since they are
directly connected, but you need to have a default to route traffic to
the internet.

Trendkill

On Apr 11, 3:25 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Scenario:
> I receive my internet via a cable modem. This is plugged into the
> Cisco 3640 eth 0/0. ip is dhcp'd.
> My internal network is on 10.19.5.0 attached to fa 1/0.
>
> My question... How do I configure routing between these two networks?
>
> Thanks for the help.

Oh, also may want to turn-up NAT since you probably only have one IP
and will need to have multiple boxes connecting to the internet. Else
traffic will route fine, but will not know how to get back from the
internet......

Doug McIntyre

>I receive my internet via a cable modem. This is plugged into the
>Cisco 3640 eth 0/0. ip is dhcp'd.
>My internal network is on 10.19.5.0 attached to fa 1/0.
>My question... How do I configure routing between these two networks?

You aren't routing, you are NAT'ing.

Are you sure the IP is DHCP'd and not retrieved via PPPoE?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk17...80093fbf.shtml

Otherwise, stock DHCP should be something like

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...8009445f.shtml

Adding in 'ip address dhcp' on the outside interface.