Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Which of my serial connections T1's h as failed?

Which of my serial connections T1's h as failed?

just bob

Using the show interface command output shown below, which of my T1's has
failed of this point to point connection? With the old frame relay system we
used to use show frame pvc and it was easy to see which location had an
outage. But how do you know with a point to point? I guess we just call the
carrier and say "It's down" and let them figure it out, right?

Thanks,
-Bob

Serial0 is down, line protocol is down
Hardware is PQUICC with Fractional T1 CSU/DSU
Internet address is 192.168.27.2/24
Backup interface BRI0, failure delay 0 sec, secondary disable delay 0 sec,
kickin load not set, kickout load not set
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set
Keepalive set (10 sec)
Last input never, output never, output hang never
Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
Queueing strategy: Class-based queueing
Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
Conversations 0/0/256 (active/max active/max total)
Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
Available Bandwidth 658 kilobits/sec
0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped ou
0 carrier transitions
DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=down

Serial0/0 is down, line protocol is down
Hardware is PQUICC with Fractional T1 CSU/DSU
Internet address is 192.168.27.1/24
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set
Keepalive set (10 sec)
Last input never, output never, output hang never
Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
Queueing strategy: weighted fair
Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
Conversations 0/0/256 (active/max active/max total)
Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
2 carrier transitions
DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=down

Doug McIntyre

"just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> writes:
>Using the show interface command output shown below, which of my T1's has
>failed of this point to point connection? With the old frame relay system we
>used to use show frame pvc and it was easy to see which location had an
>outage. But how do you know with a point to point? I guess we just call the
>carrier and say "It's down" and let them figure it out, right?

Yes, call the carrier, and say its down.

Your frame-relay system worked that way because the telco ran the
boxes that your CPE talked to, and they usually can get extremely high
uptime on their own gear..

A P2P circuit is a bit more low level. But the telco's have test
points they can test to (the smartjacks installed in the demarc of
each location, and possibly some repeaters depending on what and where).
They can usually figure out what isn't responding and get to it.

just bob

Thanks for the response, Doug!

news:461c8116$0$36732$(E-Mail Removed) anews.com...