Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > passed 70-215

passed 70-215

Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

Got 820 - Second time lucky - first time tried to do out
of a book and paid the price!
Only one question on subnetting, which was a surprise,
but had at least 6 on GPO which was nasty.

Haven't posted before but, thought I'd say thanks, as got
some useful feed back from others here.

Now I that I have my first one under my belt, how does 70
210 compare - is it as hard?

Mark

TechGeekPro

"Mark (Wellingtion NZ)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:2159001c45a86$4bedf520$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got 820 - Second time lucky - first time tried to do out
> of a book and paid the price!
> Only one question on subnetting, which was a surprise,
> but had at least 6 on GPO which was nasty.
>
> Haven't posted before but, thought I'd say thanks, as got
> some useful feed back from others here.
>
> Now I that I have my first one under my belt, how does 70
> 210 compare - is it as hard?

Congratulations on passing. You say the first time you "tried to do out of a
book", what materials did you use this time to help you pass? As for your
question, 70-215 and 70-210 are very similar and I would attempt it next.

Neil

"Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:2159001c45a86$4bedf520$(E-Mail Removed):

> Now I that I have my first one under my belt, how does 70
> 210 compare - is it as hard?

210 is easy.....but different...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Mark

certifiable.

>.

Initially used the MS Press 70 215 2nd book - but its
practice tests where useless and gave me unrealistic
expectations. - also book was out of date in terms of
subnetting etc.

Built a home lab which was the key & used the online MS
resources a lot more. Also did some more realistic
practice exams (mesureup) - But that comes at a price.

My work won't foot the bill for courses - so self study
has to be the way.
They want good /qualified staff but wont come to the
party, but hey - it makes me more employable, and
ultimately more determined!

Mark

TechGeekPro

news:21fb201c45c26$d9076670$(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

> Initially used the MS Press 70 215 2nd book - but its
> practice tests where useless and gave me unrealistic
> expectations. - also book was out of date in terms of
> subnetting etc.
>
> Built a home lab which was the key & used the online MS
> resources a lot more. Also did some more realistic
> practice exams (mesureup) - But that comes at a price.
>
> My work won't foot the bill for courses - so self study
> has to be the way.
> They want good /qualified staff but wont come to the
> party, but hey - it makes me more employable, and
> ultimately more determined!
>
> Mark

Sounds like you're on the right track. I've heard that the M$ Press books
are very comprehensive but a but of a dry read. I'll probably try them out
when it comes time to do my 2003 upgrade exams. I'm using the Exam Cram
books. They're pretty good but you will need combine them with other
resources (I did waste the money on courses) to pass the exams. As far I
test preparation software goes, I found that Self Test Software has the best
product. What I like about them is the ability to remove question out of the
pool once I've answered them correctly. Using the approach you've used so
far, you should have no problem with self study.

Neil

"TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've heard that the M$ Press books
> are very comprehensive but a but of a dry read. I'll probably try them
> out when it comes time to do my 2003 upgrade exams

ok, item 1 I don't mean to be picky but they aren't a "but" of a dry
read.<grin>

now then a bit of a dry read is an understatement. they are like reading
encyclopedias. but they are amazing references. I might not suggest them
as study guides (it helps to be concious to learn things) I will
recommend them for your bookshelf down the road...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

TechGeekPro

news:Xns9515D909FBE4Bneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I've heard that the M$ Press books
> > are very comprehensive but a but of a dry read. I'll probably try them
> > out when it comes time to do my 2003 upgrade exams

> ok, item 1 I don't mean to be picky but they aren't a "but" of a dry
> read.<grin>

Oops, typo. I meant they're a "butt" of a dry read.

> now then a bit of a dry read is an understatement. they are like reading
> encyclopedias. but they are amazing references. I might not suggest them
> as study guides (it helps to be concious to learn things)

Hmmm.... it helps to be concious to learn things.
(Note to self: Quit guzzling beer while studying.)

> I will
> recommend them for your bookshelf down the road...

Ohhh... THAT'S where my bookshelf went.

> --
> Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

"TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Ohhh... THAT'S where my bookshelf went.

it might have gone looking for one "Don" to fall on top of...
(just another posibility)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

"TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hmmm.... it helps to be concious to learn things.
> (Note to self: Quit guzzling beer while studying.)

hey don't get carried away now...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

"TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Oops, typo. I meant they're a "butt" of a dry read.

ok, now that makes sense

--
Neil MCNGP #30