Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Yet another excuse for you to call me crazy...

OT: Yet another excuse for you to call me crazy...

The Message [00000-0000-0000-0000]

Every once in a while, I type strange, potentially humorous, potentially
weird things on a keyboard... and the words emerge on a device and are
rendered on a square, transmitted to the world.

I do this to reinforce my ego, which is oh so fragile, it requires constant
reinforcement... I need to feel like part of a group to overcome my feelings
of inadequacy.

I never read what people say about it, I just assume, rightly so, that
everyone agrees with me, that I am right, and cooler than they are.

I do this once weekly, but not with any particular regularity.

Of course, there are those who do so... DAILY....

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> again, i throw up in my mouth

Yes, please do.

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> again, i throw up in my mouth

I hope you like the taste of spaghetti sauce, gravy, gristle, and lint.

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> again, i throw up in my mouth

Hmm... Tomorrow, try bologna, orange juice, toothpaste, and then lick a 9
volt battery.

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> again, i throw up in my mouth

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!

RUN AWAY FROM THE MCNGP, OR YOU WILL BE FORCED TO SWALLOW YOUR OWN BILE
REPEATEDLY!

Consultant

what are you trying to say

"The Message [00000-0000-0000-0000]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every once in a while, I type strange, potentially humorous, potentially
> weird things on a keyboard... and the words emerge on a device and are
> rendered on a square, transmitted to the world.
>
> I do this to reinforce my ego, which is oh so fragile, it requires
> constant
> reinforcement... I need to feel like part of a group to overcome my
> feelings
> of inadequacy.
>
> I never read what people say about it, I just assume, rightly so, that
> everyone agrees with me, that I am right, and cooler than they are.
>
> I do this once weekly, but not with any particular regularity.
>
> Of course, there are those who do so... DAILY....
>
> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> again, i throw up in my mouth

> Yes, please do.
>
> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> again, i throw up in my mouth

> I hope you like the taste of spaghetti sauce, gravy, gristle, and lint.
>
> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> again, i throw up in my mouth

> Hmm... Tomorrow, try bologna, orange juice, toothpaste, and then lick a 9
> volt battery.
>
> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> again, i throw up in my mouth

> DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!
>
> RUN AWAY FROM THE MCNGP, OR YOU WILL BE FORCED TO SWALLOW YOUR OWN BILE
> REPEATEDLY!

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what are you trying to say

I think he has a thing for you.

Consultant

is it shiny?

news:OJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> what are you trying to say

> I think he has a thing for you.

kpg

"The Message [00000-0000-0000-0000]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

Dear Bob,

I am a big fan. Really. (Now here comes the big hairy...)
But if I may say, I think you've missed your calling. You
enjoy typing so much, and your humor is so, um, sophisticated,
I think you could make a lot of money and help out that ego of
yours by becoming the next Douglas Adams.

What? I hear cries of sacrilege and heretic for suggesting this,
but I think you could pull it off.

Why not channel that anger (or passion if you prefer) into
something that benefits you, and perhaps even all of mankind?

If you don't like detective stories you could always write about
a young sorcerer at magic school, no, never mind, that's been
done. I'm sure you'll think of something, you always do.

After he got paid $50 for submitting a winning short story to
some science fiction rag, Isaac Asimov decided then and there
that he would never do an honest days work again. Or was that
Robert Heinlein? No matter, I like them both.

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary
genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to
tell which was which." - Douglas Adams

FrisbeeŽ

news:Xns991065738B18Dipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> "The Message [00000-0000-0000-0000]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> Dear Bob,
>
> I am a big fan. Really. (Now here comes the big hairy...)
> But if I may say, I think you've missed your calling. You
> enjoy typing so much, and your humor is so, um, sophisticated,
> I think you could make a lot of money and help out that ego of
> yours by becoming the next Douglas Adams.
>
> What? I hear cries of sacrilege and heretic for suggesting this,
> but I think you could pull it off.
>
> Why not channel that anger (or passion if you prefer) into
> something that benefits you, and perhaps even all of mankind?
>
> If you don't like detective stories you could always write about
> a young sorcerer at magic school, no, never mind, that's been
> done. I'm sure you'll think of something, you always do.
>
> After he got paid $50 for submitting a winning short story to
> some science fiction rag, Isaac Asimov decided then and there
> that he would never do an honest days work again. Or was that
> Robert Heinlein? No matter, I like them both.
>
> "He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary
> genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to
> tell which was which." - Douglas Adams

I've basically told him the same thing multiple times over the last decade
or so.

Jtyc

> RUN AWAY FROM THE MCNGP, OR YOU WILL BE FORCED TO SWALLOW YOUR OWN BILE
> REPEATEDLY!

What if I like the taste of bile?

Neil

did you hear "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:OA3G
$(E-Mail Removed):

> is it shiny?

more like glistening with a lubricant.

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- WARNING! TAGLINE THEFT ALARM IN USE.

Neil

did you hear "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:OJ
$(E-Mail Removed):

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> what are you trying to say

> I think he has a thing for you.

which leads to odd websites with a picture of your head attached to a
cartoon body...

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Why do people park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

Neil

did you hear kpg <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:Xns991065738B18Dipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16:

> "He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary
> genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to
> tell which was which." - Douglas Adams

it does so fit the bill sometimes, dunnit...

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- How do girls get minks? Same way minks get minks.