Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE:Messaging

MCSE:Messaging

Owen-San

I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
where can I get a ebook for course 2400?
Thank you.

Neil

"Owen-San" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:2141b01c45a49$01d73510$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
> where can I get a ebook for course 2400?

you can sit the course, otherwise no. something that might match the 2400
course is a different story (though MS has no Exchange e-learning
courses). Try digging out a good Sybex book for Exchange 2003.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Beoweolf

What is the question?

MCSE:Messagaing is an add-on. 1st, you need to be MCSE, then complete both
Exchange courses.

e-book is included with the MS press manual.

"Owen-San" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2141b01c45a49$01d73510$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
> where can I get a ebook for course 2400?
> Thank you.

---

=?Utf-8?B?QUI=?=

You don't need to be an MCSE before you take the Exchange exams, you can select them as part of the MCSE and that makes it MCSE : Messaging.

"Beoweolf" wrote:

> What is the question?
>
> MCSE:Messagaing is an add-on. 1st, you need to be MCSE, then complete both
> Exchange courses.
>
> e-book is included with the MS press manual.
>
> "Owen-San" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:2141b01c45a49$01d73510$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
> > where can I get a ebook for course 2400?
> > Thank you.
> >

> ---

=?Utf-8?B?QUI=?=

The only book I found was the Microsoft Press Self Study Guide for the 70-284 exam. Included on CD is an evaluation edition of Exchange 2003 and the book as well as MeasureUp test questions. The Deploying Exchange Server 2003 and Administering Exchange Server 2003 you can download from the Microsoft exchange library will cover just about everything you need as well.

"Owen-San" wrote:

> I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
> where can I get a ebook for course 2400?
> Thank you.

Beoweolf

That is true...thus the first part of the reply..."What is the question?".
Since the header of message is MCSE: Messaging; but the text refers to what
is essentially a double MCP cert.

But to be an MCSE :messaging...by definition, you must be an MCSE. There are
no restrictions on the number of MCP certs you may take, pass and claim. But
MCSE or MCSA are specific and require particular combinations of certs. So,
take your certifications in any order you wish...but to get the title you
must be MCSE, to be MCSE:messaging.

What was the question?

"AB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You don't need to be an MCSE before you take the Exchange exams, you can

select them as part of the MCSE and that makes it MCSE : Messaging.

> "Beoweolf" wrote:
>
> > What is the question?
> >
> > MCSE:Messagaing is an add-on. 1st, you need to be MCSE, then complete

both
> > Exchange courses.
> >
> > e-book is included with the MS press manual.
> >
> > "Owen-San" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:2141b01c45a49$01d73510$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
> > > where can I get a ebook for course 2400?
> > > Thank you.
> > >

> > ---

---

Neil

"Beoweolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:FgVDc.4102$dQ3.2770
@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

> but to get the title you
> must be MCSE, to be MCSE:messaging.

I kind of have an issue but it's probably minor. I believe there will be
some confusion here about what has to happen. You don't have to complete
the MCSE and THEN do the 2 exchange exams. infact one of the Exchange
exams could be the elective you use for your MCSE. As always the correct
info can be found at www.microsoft.com/learning. the Windwos 2003
MCSE+Messaging is at:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...sserver2003.as
p or http://tinyurl.com/22wro
while the 2000 version details are found at:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...indows2000.asp or
http://tinyurl.com/3eeox

HTH

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Beoweolf

Just like there is always room for "Jello"...same can be said for confusion.
That is why I added this proviso.

"So, take your certifications in any order you wish...but to get the title
you
must be MCSE, to be MCSE:messaging."...maybe emphasis on the word title?

I give up! There is no way, in writing that it can be put any less
complicated. As you recommend...just give 'em directions to the site.

news:Xns95166DE86604Aneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "Beoweolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:FgVDc.4102$dQ3.2770
> @newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:
>
> > but to get the title you
> > must be MCSE, to be MCSE:messaging.

> I kind of have an issue but it's probably minor. I believe there will be
> some confusion here about what has to happen. You don't have to complete
> the MCSE and THEN do the 2 exchange exams. infact one of the Exchange
> exams could be the elective you use for your MCSE. As always the correct
> info can be found at www.microsoft.com/learning. the Windwos 2003
> MCSE+Messaging is at:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...sserver2003.as
> p or http://tinyurl.com/22wro
> while the 2000 version details are found at:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...indows2000.asp or
> http://tinyurl.com/3eeox
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30

---

Neil

"Beoweolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:vDWDc.4107$624.654
@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

> I give up! There is no way, in writing that it can be put any less
> complicated. As you recommend...just give 'em directions to the site.

s'okay, the website will likely confuse a few too...

--
Neil MCNGP #30