Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Sharing Sister's Books

Sharing Sister's Books

Danny Pant

My sister Jan will not share her MCSE books with me (2000
and 2003) because she said that it would violate the
license agreement. I think this is malarky because people
share music CDs all the time in my neighborhood at
barbeques and get togethers.

Is my sister wrong or is this copyright infringements?

Brat®

on text books she is wrong... on any software that comes with it...
perhaps... the text books are treated just like a novel you would read for
pleasure (not text books like us geeks lol). As for the software, she may
be right... check the ULA that comes with the CD to see what it says... if
you are both using the same computer, I would not see an issue.

--
Sue MCNGP #69
Proud member since April 8, 2002
"Danny Pant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2130201c45a34$bcfa0e40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My sister Jan will not share her MCSE books with me (2000
> and 2003) because she said that it would violate the
> license agreement. I think this is malarky because people
> share music CDs all the time in my neighborhood at
> barbeques and get togethers.
>
> Is my sister wrong or is this copyright infringements?

Neil

"Danny Pant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:2130201c45a34$bcfa0e40$(E-Mail Removed):

> My sister Jan will not share her MCSE books with me (2000
> and 2003) because she said that it would violate the
> license agreement. I think this is malarky because people
> share music CDs all the time in my neighborhood at
> barbeques and get togethers.
>
> Is my sister wrong or is this copyright infringements?

I think the book will be ok (the library does it), but the CD might be an
issue (software EULAs) read teh book and then decide if there is anything
on the CD you want. if you do buy a copy.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Bilal

This is funny i can't believe you're even discussing this,
it's your sister from the same family steal it off her and
pull her hair.
Bilal

nerd32768

news:Xns9512D3261677Dneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "Danny Pant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:2130201c45a34$bcfa0e40$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > My sister Jan will not share her MCSE books with me (2000
> > and 2003) because she said that it would violate the
> > license agreement. I think this is malarky because people
> > share music CDs all the time in my neighborhood at
> > barbeques and get togethers.
> >
> > Is my sister wrong or is this copyright infringements?

> I think the book will be ok (the library does it), but the CD might be an
> issue (software EULAs) read teh book and then decide if there is anything
> on the CD you want. if you do buy a copy.
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30

I don't think the publisher will be upset about the CD. I buy
all of my books used for around 15USD, and I register the
software and the book.To avoid any problems, make sure
your sister uninstalls the software first

Consultant

you tell jan if she doesn't share, she's gonna get a spankin

"Danny Pant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2130201c45a34$bcfa0e40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My sister Jan will not share her MCSE books with me (2000
> and 2003) because she said that it would violate the
> license agreement. I think this is malarky because people
> share music CDs all the time in my neighborhood at
> barbeques and get togethers.
>
> Is my sister wrong or is this copyright infringements?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

Consultant wrote:
> you tell jan if she doesn't share, she's gonna get a spankin

MARSHA! MARSHA! MARSHA!

Neil

Frisbee® <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eiGjgEsWEHA.2176
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> Consultant wrote:
>> you tell jan if she doesn't share, she's gonna get a spankin

> MARSHA! MARSHA! MARSHA!

WATCH OUT FOR THE FOOTBALL!!!

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Ken Briscoe

news:Xns95137DEA9D37neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248. 16...

> > MARSHA! MARSHA! MARSHA!
> >

> WATCH OUT FOR THE FOOTBALL!!!

GOOD LUCK IN PRISON!!!!

--

KB - MCNGP "Grand Canyon thug" #26

Neil

"Ken Briscoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#z2P$itWEHA.500
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> "Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns95137DEA9D37neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248. 16...
>>
>> > MARSHA! MARSHA! MARSHA!
>> >

>> WATCH OUT FOR THE FOOTBALL!!!

> GOOD LUCK IN PRISON!!!!

***YAWN***

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
exchange MCSD books for security books MCSD Frank MCSE 0 01-12-2004 12:17 AM
Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books) Mac MCSD 2 12-17-2003 01:48 PM

Advertisments