Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird 2: Newsgroup list

Thunderbird 2: Newsgroup list

Derek Baker

Upgraded today to v. 2.0.0.0. and when I open it, the list of newsgroups
in the left pane is collapsed. Interestingly if I close and restart it
while a Compose window is open, the list is expanded.

Anyway to force it to be expanded on start?

Thanks
--
Derek

Miller

*Derek Baker* wrote on 19.04.07 22:34:
> Upgraded today to v. 2.0.0.0. and when I open it, the list of newsgroups
> in the left pane is collapsed. Interestingly if I close and restart it
> while a Compose window is open, the list is expanded.
>
> Anyway to force it to be expanded on start?

Did you try this user.js-entry:
user_pref("news.persist_server_open_state_in_folde rpane", true);
?

HTH, Miller

Derek Baker

* Miller:
> *Derek Baker* wrote on 19.04.07 22:34:
>> Upgraded today to v. 2.0.0.0. and when I open it, the list of newsgroups
>> in the left pane is collapsed. Interestingly if I close and restart it
>> while a Compose window is open, the list is expanded.
>>
>> Anyway to force it to be expanded on start?

> Did you try this user.js-entry:
> user_pref("news.persist_server_open_state_in_folde rpane", true);
> ?
>
> HTH, Miller

Found the entry in the Config Editor and changed it there. Thanks.

--
Derek