Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Signal zaehl cannot be synthesized

Signal zaehl cannot be synthesized

Reload6156 Reload6156 is offline
Junior Member

Hi Guys! I've got a problem with my vhdl code. I am very new at programming in this language and for this reason i am not be able to find the mistake. I tried hard without success. Signal zaehl cannot be synthesized, bad synchronous description. I hope somebody can help me. Furthermore, this project must be programmed at school.

ENTITY zaehler IS
PORT ( clock, zuendung, automatik : in std_logic;
katnr, rauf, runter ,sperr_ext :in bit;
leda, ledb, ledc, ledd, lede, ledf, ledg, dp, ledrauf, ledrunter, ledkatnr, transistor1, transistor2 ut bit);
END zaehler ;

ARCHITECTURE number_one OF zaehler IS

signal gang : std_logic_vector (2 downto 0);
signal zaehl : std_logic_vector (5 downto 0);-- badsynchronous description
signal zaehl_sperr : std_logic_vector (6 downto 0);
signal zaehl_auto : std_logic_vector (7 downto 0);
signal gang_alt : std_logic_vector (2 downto 0);

BEGIN

PROCESS (clock, zuendung, automatik, katnr, zaehl, zaehl_sperr, zaehl_auto, gang, gang_alt, rauf, runter, sperr_ext)
BEGIN
transistor1 <= '0';
transistor2 <= '1';
gang <= "001";
zaehl<= "000000";
zaehl_sperr <= "1010101";
zaehl_auto <= "00000000";

martin.wahlstedt martin.wahlstedt is offline
Junior Member

Remove the signals zaehl, zaehl_sperr, zaehl_auto, gang & gang_alt from the sensitivity list and the problem should be solved. Put only signals that you want your process to trigger on, for instance clock and reset for a synchronous architecture, in the sensitivity list.

The reason you get the error on 'zaehl' is probably because it is the first one in the list.

Martin

cannot be synthesized uche VHDL 4 04-06-2010 03:11 PM
cannot be synthesized, bad synchronous description Zenock VHDL 7 03-10-2010 10:16 AM
VHDL problem - Signal counter cannot be synthesized, bad synchronous description. shipacpoloy Software 0 08-14-2007 06:26 AM
Converting synthesized VHDL/Verilog to spice netlist Noohul Ali VHDL 2 04-28-2005 11:25 AM
Quartus II v3, Circuit after synthesized? Aoniti VHDL 1 05-25-2004 05:26 PM

Advertisments