Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer keeps turning off. Please Help.

Computer keeps turning off. Please Help.

caspe059 caspe059 is offline
Junior Member

I have windows XP Professional. Every time I turn my computer on it gets stuck on the blue log in screen. I can't see any of my icons. I then have to go to my task manager and shut down one of the svchost.exe network connections processes to see the icons. Once i've done this I get a message that tells me the computer will be shuting down in 60 seconds...nt shutdown rpc service terminated. I scanned the computer with symantic and nothing came up. I also scanned for the blaster virus and it said I do not have that. Also, when I open a word document it says the document could not be registered. I found a way to make the computer stop shuting down by typing in a command prompt but this is only a temporary fix. Can somebody help me with a permanent one please?