Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer doesnt not star up properly

Computer doesnt not star up properly

MCOrix MCOrix is offline
Junior Member

Hey there,

When my computer crashed to the blue screen this morning, I simply restarted the computer as normal and expected my computer to start up again. However, it did not.

It starts normally, saying that I have an nVidia 7800GTX and the graphics information, but then it goes to the screen with the dual bios logo and simply cuts off at the word memory, going;

"Intel I945 Bios for 8I945P Pro F8
Main Processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.8GHz (200x14)
<CPUID:OF43 PATCHID:0005>
Mem"

This was also strange because I have done no under/overclocking with my 3.6GHz, yet it says that it is 2.8Ghz.

I also cannot choose to enter the bios options of any kind, after repeated pressing of the required key.

Does anyone know a possible fix to this problem? If you need any more information, please just ask.

Motherboard is a Gigabyte 8I945P Pro.

Last edited by MCOrix; 04-13-2007 at 10:59 AM..