Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > firefox & tabs

firefox & tabs

david.lomuscio@gmail.com

hi all, i need to open new links in other firefox tabs. this is easy..
but i'd like too to put the focus on the tab targeted.. any ideas ?

Bernhard Sturm

> hi all, i need to open new links in other firefox tabs. this is easy..
> but i'd like too to put the focus on the tab targeted.. any ideas ?

If it's just a personal problem in using FF:
New Tab: Ctrl+N
Focus: is automatically set to the new tab

If it's a try to remotely manage a client-FF via HTML:
Why would you do such a thing? And what about IE 6.0? Opera? Netscape?
Lynx? Opera-Mini? Safari? Camino?

cheers
Bernhard

--
www.daszeichen.ch
remove nixspam to reply

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hi all, i need to open new links in other firefox tabs. this is easy..
> but i'd like too to put the focus on the tab targeted.. any ideas ?

It is a Firefox setting Tools>Options>Tabs and check "When I open a link
in a new tab, switch to it immediately"

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article <7308$461b9363$40cba7b2$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > hi all, i need to open new links in other firefox tabs. this is easy..
> > but i'd like too to put the focus on the tab targeted.. any ideas ?
> >

> It is a Firefox setting Tools>Options>Tabs and check "When I open a link
> in a new tab, switch to it immediately"

To sum up, you can do it on a per url basis (as Bernhard
mentioned), or set it in your preferences or options for
permanent. You might find the former more congenial in the long
run. The latter can get out of hand.

--
dorayme