Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-290 Study material

70-290 Study material

Ryan

Just wanted to get some of your ideas on this test. I have the mspress study
guide and it seems to be leaving a lot out. Wondering what books (sybex,
exam cram,or syngress) you would recommend. Looking at the reviews on amazon
and sites like that, sybex and syngress seem to be pretty good, but I would
like the opion of people that are actualy in the industry not somebody just
trying to pass the test like me. Thanks in advance.

molsonexpert

"Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#LuL3#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just wanted to get some of your ideas on this test. I have the mspress

study
> guide and it seems to be leaving a lot out. Wondering what books (sybex,
> exam cram,or syngress) you would recommend. Looking at the reviews on

amazon
> and sites like that, sybex and syngress seem to be pretty good, but I

would
> like the opion of people that are actualy in the industry not somebody

just
> trying to pass the test like me. Thanks in advance.

Although this is a legitimate question, I'd suggest maybe doing a search on
this and some other newsgroups. This question has been posted more times
than I care to think, maybe not specifically related to this exam, but in
general. In short, I've used Sybex and I don't think you can go wrong with
it. The same, I've heard, is true for Syngress. Exam cram are good as a
summary but not as a primary resource. For 70-270, I took practice exams
after reading exam cram and portions in the book that are touched on in a
paragraph are actually major topics.

hth.

steve

OnceAgain

I used the MSPress guide to successfully pass 290 as well as using TechNet
and the Exam guide from MSFT web site to fill in the gaps.

news:%23LuL3%(E-Mail Removed)...