Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > media player hitting hard disk

Reply
Thread Tools

media player hitting hard disk

 
 
nItpIk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-09-2007
Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the hell
is it doing? Non-stop.



Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
WhzzKdd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-09-2007
"nItpIk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:461aba4d$0$513$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the
> hell is it doing? Non-stop.
>
>


Turn it off.

Or let it play. Media is a data file. Data files are stored on the hard
drive. In order for Media Player to play Media, Media is being read from the
hard drive. Got it?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2007
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:12:01 -0600, "nItpIk" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the hell
>is it doing? Non-stop.


Media player wants to hit skins with your hard disk.

Go for it. Should make interesting babies.
 
Reply With Quote
 
nItpIk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2007
Whizz as in **** off ..

When I'm not playing anything and it is open .. it doesn't stop accessing
the hard disk duffuss. What a bozo.


"WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
news:HVySh.44$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "nItpIk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:461aba4d$0$513$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the
>> hell is it doing? Non-stop.
>>
>>

>
> Turn it off.
>
> Or let it play. Media is a data file. Data files are stored on the hard
> drive. In order for Media Player to play Media, Media is being read from
> the hard drive. Got it?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
WhzzKdd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2007
"nItpIk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:461b9715$0$3575$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whizz as in **** off ..
>
> When I'm not playing anything and it is open .. it doesn't stop accessing
> the hard disk duffuss. What a bozo.
>

No, the bozo is the person who posted the original question without fully
explaining the problem. **** off yourself. Or **** on yourself. The choice
is yours.


 
Reply With Quote
 
mac
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2007
Evan Platt wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:12:01 -0600, "nItpIk" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the hell
>> is it doing? Non-stop.

>
> Media player wants to hit skins with your hard disk.
>
> Go for it. Should make interesting babies.


actually the o.p is correct, wmp does do this, it does it with me also
when its idle, it is so annoying, if you download filemon you can see
the type of access and writes its doing and as i said , its when the
player is idle.


i use vlc now as my primary player and nothing else , bu ti would like
to use wmp for stuff like bluetooth remote control for when im in bed.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7, Windows Media Player, record onto disk playable on dvdplayer attached to tv? aaronep@pacbell.net DVD Video 1 09-04-2010 05:49 PM
Hard drive is Disk 0 CHANGES to hard drive is Disk 1??? And still works!!! Spin Computer Support 7 04-09-2008 09:04 PM
Hard drive is Disk 0 CHANGES to hard drive is Disk 1??? And still works!!! Spin Windows 64bit 10 04-09-2008 09:04 PM
Windows Media Player - Download Media Info From Internet is Greyed Out Alan NZ Computing 3 02-27-2006 10:38 PM
copy my first hard disk info onto my second hard disk gary Computer Support 2 10-28-2004 10:49 PM



Advertisments