Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > cant delete computer object in ad

cant delete computer object in ad

Antonis Tzitzimpasis

i just cant delete a computer object in ad.it returns the message i dont
have the rights to do this but i am the admin.
any advice?
For your help it is the only domain controller domain on the network.

Antonis Tzitzimpasis

sorry domain controller i mean.

"Antonis Tzitzimpasis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cb6dad$dds$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i just cant delete a computer object in ad.it returns the message i dont
> have the rights to do this but i am the admin.
> any advice?
> For your help it is the only domain controller domain on the network.

harryph

no advice, but heres an idea, try turning the pc off/or
changing it to a work group pc before you delete the
account in ad

RH

Now THAT makes TONS of sense. THINK!!!! if you demote it
to a workgroup, you have to run DCPromo and remove AD.
So how can you delete an object in AD after you demote to
workgroup????? You CANT!!!!; cause the AD objects no
longer exist. You WERE half right, though; if you demote
the DC and remove AD, at least you get rid of the
object. Of course, you're gonna have to reinstall AD and
all the objects that you DO want.

TechGeekPro

That HAD to be a joke.

"RH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1f57b01c4579e$bbaf8cb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Now THAT makes TONS of sense. THINK!!!! if you demote it
> to a workgroup, you have to run DCPromo and remove AD.
> So how can you delete an object in AD after you demote to
> workgroup????? You CANT!!!!; cause the AD objects no
> longer exist. You WERE half right, though; if you demote
> the DC and remove AD, at least you get rid of the
> object. Of course, you're gonna have to reinstall AD and
> all the objects that you DO want.

JaR

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:50:57 -0400, TechGeekPro extemporised:

> That HAD to be a joke.

One can only hope, but don't bet the farm on it.

JaR
Cynical Thug

Laura A. Robinson

circa Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:29:32 +0300, in
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Antonis Tzitzimpasis
((E-Mail Removed)) said,

> i just cant delete a computer object in ad.it returns the message i dont
> have the rights to do this but i am the admin.
> any advice?
> For your help it is the only domain controller domain on the network.

Are you trying to delete a computer object, or a domain controller
object? And why?

Laura
-Oscar Wilde