Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Antivirus software

Antivirus software

Blinky the Shark

WhzzKdd wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> WhzzKdd wrote:
>>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> LOL!
>>>
>>> Ya gotta admit though: Paint is probably the absolute crappiest applet MS
>>> ever produced.

>> Yep. Solitaire has more features.
>>
>> But people still recommend it. Like they do OE.
>>

> /Ouch!/ (pulls dagger from deeply embedded position)

Heh. I didn't notice you were using that until after I'd posted that.

> Okay - so I don't recommend it, but I still use it <g>

That sounds a lot like "I don't know what art is, but I know what I
like."

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

sittingduck

WhzzKdd wrote:

> Ya gotta admit though: Paint is probably the absolute crappiest applet MS
> ever produced.

Pretty much all the crap they load in as extras is crap.
nLite for the win!

--
WindowsXP Pro SP2 Corporate (Stripped to the Bone Edition)
by: vertigo173

zipped = 153 MB
unzipped = 175 MB

This is WindowsXP Pro SP2 Version 5.1 build 2600 (English)

Type: ISO (bootable)

*Note: There is no serial needed. It's already integrated into the install
disc for
you. There is no activation crack needed, because this is the Corporate
version.
Just boot from the CD and install!

************************************************** ***************************
************

This CD was made using nLite:

*********What is Remaining?*********

Applications:

Calculator
Defragmenter

Drivers:

Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
Battery
Bluetooth Support
Brother Devices
Display Adapters
Display Adapters (old)
Ethernet (LAN)
Firewire (1394) Support
IBM Thinkpad
InfraRed
ISDN
MultiFunctional
Multi-port serial adapters
PCMCIA
Ports (COM & LPT)
SCSI/RAID
Sound Controllers
Toshiba DVD decoder card
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Internet Utilities:

ATM Support
Client for Netware Networks
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer Core
MAC Bridge
NetShell Cmd-Tool
Network Monitor Driver and Tools
NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Protocol
Outlook Express
Tcp/Ip Version 6

Operating System Options:

16-bit support
Administrator VB scripts
Application compatibility patch
Command-Line tools
Disk Cleanup
Extra Fonts
Floppy Support
Jet Database Engine
MDAC
Out of Box Experience (OOBE)
Printer Support
Web View

Services:

Application Layer Gateway
Background Intelligent Transfer
COM+
DHCP Client
Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC)
DNS Client
Event Log
Internet Authentication (IAS)
Logical Disk Manager
Management Instrumentation (WMI)
Message Queuing (MSMQ)
Network DDE
Performance Logs and Alerts
QoS RSVP
Quality of Service (QoS)
Service Advertising Protocol
Shell Services
SNMP
System Event Notification (SENS)
System Monitor
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Terminal Services
Universal Plug and Play
Volume Shadow Copy
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
Windows Time
Wireless Zero Configuration

*Note:

Windows File protection is disabled. You can now delete that stupid Xerox
folder inside your Program Files!

The Start Bar was tweaked for speed, too.

I was nice to remove the Alexa spyware for you. Alexa is spyware that Windows
XP ships out with. How nice of them. Alexa tracks your browsing habbits. I
thought spyware only came with crappy games and programs? Guess I was wrong.

Index Service is gone.

Prefetch folder in C:\Windows is gone.

Max connection limit is set to 50 (for P2P and Bit Torrent)

etc.

************************************************** ***************************
************

Just to give you an idea about what was removed:

Themes (Classic Theme is only available)
Wallpaper
Windows Media Player
Windows Movie Maker
Animated Character for Search
Windows XP Tour
Screensavers
Games
Language Pack
Help
System Restore
Windows Update

If you don't see it in the long list, above - then it was probably ripped.

************************************************** ***************************
************

I've been using this stripped-down version of WindowsXP Pro SP2 Corporate for
about several months now. It's quick to install, and it's stable! It's great
for small
hard drives. You'll notice not very many services running in the background,
too. It boots fast and shuts down quick.

If you're ever in the need for an extremely light version of XP, then this
disc will
be right for you. You'll still be able to get on-line and do everything else,
except
that you won't have all the BS that Microsoft forces you to install - that
you will
never use.

Why sacrifice hard drive space and speed - use this disc and you'll be glad
you did!

-- vertigo173

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> Yep. Solitaire has more features.
>>>
>>> But people still recommend it. Like they do OE.
>>>

>> /Ouch!/ (pulls dagger from deeply embedded position)

> Heh. I didn't notice you were using that until after I'd posted that.
>
>> Okay - so I don't recommend it, but I still use it <g>

> That sounds a lot like "I don't know what art is, but I know what I
> like."

Pretty much <g>!

Daave

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

What, nothing from the Rock Gibbons train wreck?

BTW, loved the St. Peter's Ducks joke!