Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

BillM3 BillM3 is offline
Junior Member

Problem: I get the "not presently configured" message when I try to open any Office 2003 programs.

Background: I recently had to reinstall Win XP on my Compaq desktop. Unable to locate my Compaq restore disk, I used the restore disk from my Dell laptop. XP successfully loaded on my D drive (The orig XP is on my C drive). Now every time I try to load an Office program I get this message. I am reluctant to reinstall Office as I don't want to loose my calendar and contact files.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Bill