Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Skype on Grandstream GXP200 ?

Skype on Grandstream GXP200 ?

Can I use Skype to make calls/receive calls on one of the accounts of my
Grandstream GXP200, or is it only working with SIP accounts ?

Thank you for your help.

RH

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:26tSh.633$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I use Skype to make calls/receive calls on one of the accounts of my
> Grandstream GXP200, or is it only working with SIP accounts ?

Sorry it a No No, the GXP only has firmware for SIP, even phones which can
accept multiple firmware types
do not support SKYPE as SKYPE is a closed protocol. I am sure in time Skype
will license out the function to
hardphones, but not yet (except for the wifi phones)

"RH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:evdrn8$fk5$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry it a No No, the GXP only has firmware for SIP, even phones which can
> accept multiple firmware types
> do not support SKYPE as SKYPE is a closed protocol. I am sure in time
> Skype will license out the function to
> hardphones, but not yet (except for the wifi phones)

Thank you for your reply.