Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > difference between htmlcontrols and web control.

difference between htmlcontrols and web control.

archana

Hi all,

can anyone tell me difference between htmlcontrols and web controls.

If i have table web control and table html controls which one should i
use. Because i can add runat tag to html controls. so what is exact
difference between these two.

any help will be truely appreciated.

thanks in advance.

David Wier

Many web controls (which, in turn, return HTML to the web browser) have
properties and methods added to them, which are unavailable in their HTML
counterparts. By adding and ID and a Runat=Server to html controls, you
essentially make it a generic html control, without the built in additions
of some of the ASP.NEt Server controls.

I use basic HTML for my tables most of the time, though a few times, I found
that I needed the added functionality of the server controls.

David Wier
MVP/ASPInsider
http://aspnet101.com
http://aspexpress.com

"archana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> can anyone tell me difference between htmlcontrols and web controls.
>
> If i have table web control and table html controls which one should i
> use. Because i can add runat tag to html controls. so what is exact
> difference between these two.
>
> any help will be truely appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance.

I've summarized the difference here:
http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx#HTMLvsWeb

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

"archana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> can anyone tell me difference between htmlcontrols and web controls.
>
> If i have table web control and table html controls which one should i
> use. Because i can add runat tag to html controls. so what is exact
> difference between these two.
>
> any help will be truely appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance.

Mark Rae

"Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I've summarized the difference here:
> http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx#HTMLvsWeb

Link is broken...

Seems to be working for me.
Perhaps there was a temporary glitch?

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

news:uGz2%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I've summarized the difference here:
>> http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx#HTMLvsWeb

> Link is broken...

Mark Rae

"Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Seems to be working for me.

Yes, fine now.

> Perhaps there was a temporary glitch?