Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2.0 publish web site does not work

ASP.NET 2.0 publish web site does not work

yigitozg

Hi all,

I have a solution with 5 class library projects and a web site that
has references to these projects.
The problem is, when I build the web site and browse through the
pages, there is no problem.

But when I try to publish the web site, errors come up that say ie.
"ABC does not contain a definition for DEF()". The weird part is,
there is a method DEF() in class ABC and it works when I build and
browse.

What is more weirder is that when I select the fixed naming option
during publish, there is no problem.
I do not wish to select this type of compilation because of
performance issues.

Please help...

Yigit Ozgul

You might want to consider switching over to the Web Application Project
model, which rarely suffers from these issues since all assemblies go into
the /bin folder as they did in ASP.NET 1.1
Peter

--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

"yigitozg" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a solution with 5 class library projects and a web site that
> has references to these projects.
> The problem is, when I build the web site and browse through the
> pages, there is no problem.
>
> But when I try to publish the web site, errors come up that say ie.
> "ABC does not contain a definition for DEF()". The weird part is,
> there is a method DEF() in class ABC and it works when I build and
> browse.
>
> What is more weirder is that when I select the fixed naming option
> during publish, there is no problem.
> I do not wish to select this type of compilation because of
> performance issues.
>
> Please help...
>
> Yigit Ozgul

yigitozg

On Apr 9, 6:36 pm, Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You might want to consider switching over to the Web Application Project
> model, which rarely suffers from these issues since all assemblies go into
> the /bin folder as they did in ASP.NET 1.1
> Peter
>
> --
> Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net
>
> "yigitozg" wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > I have a solution with 5 class library projects and a web site that
> > has references to these projects.
> > The problem is, when I build the web site and browse through the
> > pages, there is no problem.

> > But when I try to publish the web site, errors come up that say ie.
> > "ABC does not contain a definition for DEF()". The weird part is,
> > there is a method DEF() in class ABC and it works when I build and
> > browse.

> > What is more weirder is that when I select the fixed naming option
> > during publish, there is no problem.
> > I do not wish to select this type of compilation because of
> > performance issues.

> > Please help...

> > Yigit Ozgul

Thanks for the reply.
I believe that there should be a more solid solution for this issue.
What does aspnet_compiler do that normal batch build doesn't?
Because batch build works but precompiling with aspnet_compiler does
not...