Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-290 Syngress Practice Question

Reply
Thread Tools

70-290 Syngress Practice Question

 
 
Kevin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
From the Syngress Web Site's practice test:
------------------------------------------------------------
Jane is a member of the Marketing group and the Marketing Management group.
The Marketing Management group has Full Control permissions on the MktgMgmt
folder, and the Everyone group has the Deny Read permission set on the
folder. What are Jane's effective permissions on the folder?


A. None.



B. Write, List Folder Contents, Read & Execute, Modify



C. Read, Write, List Folder Contents



D. Write, Modify



----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

My answer: D
My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly can't Read&Execute or
List Files.

Book's Answer: B
Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been denied Read permisson on
the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the folder.

What am I missing?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kurt Hudson [MVP DS]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
If you remove Read, you are left with List Folder Contents and Write
permissions. All the rest goes away. I would say they are incorrect and you
are mostly correct.

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From the Syngress Web Site's practice test:
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Jane is a member of the Marketing group and the Marketing Management

group.
> The Marketing Management group has Full Control permissions on the

MktgMgmt
> folder, and the Everyone group has the Deny Read permission set on the
> folder. What are Jane's effective permissions on the folder?
>
>
> A. None.
>
>
>
> B. Write, List Folder Contents, Read & Execute, Modify
>
>
>
> C. Read, Write, List Folder Contents
>
>
>
> D. Write, Modify
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
> -----
>
> My answer: D
> My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly can't Read&Execute or
> List Files.
>
> Book's Answer: B
> Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been denied Read permisson

on
> the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the folder.
>
> What am I missing?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
ya both wrong and well ya missing a........ (place abuse
here)
>-----Original Message-----
>If you remove Read, you are left with List Folder

Contents and Write
>permissions. All the rest goes away. I would say they are

incorrect and you
>are mostly correct.
>
>"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> From the Syngress Web Site's practice test:
>> --------------------------------------------------------

----
>> Jane is a member of the Marketing group and the

Marketing Management
>group.
>> The Marketing Management group has Full Control

permissions on the
>MktgMgmt
>> folder, and the Everyone group has the Deny Read

permission set on the
>> folder. What are Jane's effective permissions on the

folder?
>>
>>
>> A. None.
>>
>>
>>
>> B. Write, List Folder Contents, Read & Execute,

Modify
>>
>>
>>
>> C. Read, Write, List Folder Contents
>>
>>
>>
>> D. Write, Modify
>>
>>
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------

------------------
>--
>> -----
>>
>> My answer: D
>> My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly

can't Read&Execute or
>> List Files.
>>
>> Book's Answer: B
>> Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been

denied Read permisson
>on
>> the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the

folder.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>>

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert W.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
On 2004-06-17, Kevin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> From the Syngress Web Site's practice test:
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Jane is a member of the Marketing group and the Marketing Management group.
> The Marketing Management group has Full Control permissions on the MktgMgmt
> folder, and the Everyone group has the Deny Read permission set on the
> folder. What are Jane's effective permissions on the folder?
>
>
> A. None.
>
>
>
> B. Write, List Folder Contents, Read & Execute, Modify
>
>
>
> C. Read, Write, List Folder Contents
>
>
>
> D. Write, Modify
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> My answer: D
> My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly can't Read&Execute or
> List Files.
>
> Book's Answer: B
> Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been denied Read permisson on
> the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the folder.
>
> What am I missing?
>

Hi,
I check this and answer B is correct.
The user have only Deny Read Permission not Read files and other.
More. This user can't read permission but can add new permission for users.
Regards

RW


 
Reply With Quote
 
billyw
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
could you please choose another name..
Kevin is a really bad name

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From the Syngress Web Site's practice test:
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Jane is a member of the Marketing group and the Marketing Management

group.
> The Marketing Management group has Full Control permissions on the

MktgMgmt
> folder, and the Everyone group has the Deny Read permission set on the
> folder. What are Jane's effective permissions on the folder?
>
>
> A. None.
>
>
>
> B. Write, List Folder Contents, Read & Execute, Modify
>
>
>
> C. Read, Write, List Folder Contents
>
>
>
> D. Write, Modify
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
> -----
>
> My answer: D
> My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly can't Read&Execute or
> List Files.
>
> Book's Answer: B
> Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been denied Read permisson

on
> the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the folder.
>
> What am I missing?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Keyboard Cowboy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004

>-----Original Message-----
>could you please choose another name..
>Kevin is a really bad name
>


Sounds like some resentment there... billyw.. Ex-lover's
name?
 
Reply With Quote
 
billyw
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
nope..
kevin isn't a girl's name... well not here..
hmm.. you saying you've had a "lover" called kevin...
too much info.. please stop

anyway kevin is a stupid name.. like brian


"Keyboard Cowboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:1d89f01c45480$5cf90ff0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >could you please choose another name..
> >Kevin is a really bad name
> >

>
> Sounds like some resentment there... billyw.. Ex-lover's
> name?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Keyboard Cowboy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004


>hmm.. you saying you've had a "lover" called kevin...
>too much info.. please stop
>


nice try...

***C'MON!!! STRAIN A BIT!!!****
 
Reply With Quote
 
billyw
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2004
do you say that to "kevins" as well??


">
> ***C'MON!!! STRAIN A BIT!!!****



 
Reply With Quote
 
frankpac@yyhj.com.cn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2004

>-----Original Message-----
>From the Syngress Web Site's practice test:
>----------------------------------------------------------

--
>Jane is a member of the Marketing group and the Marketing

Management group.
>The Marketing Management group has Full Control

permissions on the MktgMgmt
>folder, and the Everyone group has the Deny Read

permission set on the
>folder. What are Jane's effective permissions on the

folder?
>
>
> A. None.
>
>
>
> B. Write, List Folder Contents, Read & Execute,

Modify
>
>
>
> C. Read, Write, List Folder Contents
>
>
>
> D. Write, Modify
>
>
>
>----------------------------------------------------------

------------------
>-----
>
>My answer: D
>My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly

can't Read&Execute or
>List Files.
>
>Book's Answer: B
>Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been denied

Read permisson on
>the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the

folder.
>
>What am I missing?
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the best? Syngress x MSPress Marcos Souza Microsoft Certification 1 12-26-2005 11:48 PM
Remember when your piano teacher taught you, "Practice, practice,practice ...?" Wayne Wastier Windows 64bit 3 06-10-2005 08:29 PM
Syngress v. Sybex MCSE books =?Utf-8?B?amJpZGRsZXc=?= MCSE 41 06-11-2004 04:10 PM
Syngress 296 PDF? Mark Scott MCSE 1 04-06-2004 02:06 PM
Question from Syngress book for 70-290 Adam Leinss MCSE 4 12-11-2003 08:28 AM



Advertisments