Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > opening Gatway laptop case ?

opening Gatway laptop case ?

jimhigh66

I need to repair the power cord connector on a Gateway Model Solo 1150.
With the screws removed we still can't get the case halves separated. I
suspect there a "trick" to it. Can anyone advise? Tnx Jim H.

R. G. Murray

Hello Jim
Yes , there may be some hidden screws. I can't speak for the Gateway but I
recently opened up a HP ze2000 & a HP m2000. I had to remove the keyboard to
get at some screws hidden under the keyboard. I thought I had it made.
Surely they did not put any screws under the power button board. Well they
did.
If all else fails , sometimes the manufacturer's website may have the
disassembly instructions or may be in your user's manual. It will show you
how many screws & there location.
Often they are lettered , one letter may represent the screws that need to
be removed to access the hard drive & another letter to remove the bottom
etc.
Good Luck
ron

jimhigh66

Tnx Ron. It's my son's and I think he did some investigation without
success (I think he called some shops and possibly the manufacturer)
before giving it to me and advising if I "broke it trying to get it open
that was OK" -- better than spending $300 to have it fixed. I hope to hear
from someone who's actually opened one. Jim H.

JTJersey

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:31:20 -0400, jimhigh66 wrote:

> I need to repair the power cord connector on a Gateway Model Solo 1150.
> With the screws removed we still can't get the case halves separated. I
> suspect there a "trick" to it. Can anyone advise? Tnx Jim H.

Gateway should have the disassembly instructions available on their
website. You may have to look around for awhile, but it's been invaluable
to me over the years and worth the effort.

--
Registered Linux User #267152

jimhigh66

Tnx but I corresponded with Gateway customer service and they told me a
download of the information I need for that model is not available.